Community Recipes Collection
Poudre River Public Library District and Fort Collins Book Fest
What would a food-themed book festival be without a cookbook or two? Help us create a local, “digital cookbook” by submitting your recipes and family favorites – we promise not to tell Mom that you shared her secret ingredients! Does your recipe have a great family story that goes with it? We’d love to know that, too.
Collected recipes and stories will be put into an online anthology that will debut at the 2019 Fort Collins Book Fest in October.
We accept a variety of file formats including PDF, JPG, PNG, and GIF. Please see the information below for submission guidelines.
Submit Your Recipes
Food for Thought: Community Recipe Collection
- You may submit up to three (3) recipes. Photographs of original recipes (e.g., written on an index card) are acceptable as long as the image is clear and legible.
- Multiple recipes must be submitted as separate files.
- Recipes should include:
- Name of the recipe/dish
- List of all ingredients with quantity
- Time to prepare
- Preparation and cooking procedures
- Equipment required for the dish
- Serving procedures if applicable
- Other useful, but optional, information to include with your recipe:
- Photo of the prepared dish
- Origin of the recipe or a great family story about the recipe
- Variations on the recipe
- Recipes must be original. By submitting a recipe, you agree that the content is original, free from copyright restrictions, and that you accept all responsibility and liability if you submit someone’s copyrighted recipe.
- HOW TO SUBMIT
- Upload your recipe(s) using the Library District’s “Food for Thought” submission portal at any time during the entry period.
- Recipes must be submitted in one of the accepted file formats: .PDF, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions and fill out the required information provided at the time of your submission. This allows the Library District to use your recipe, story, and any accompanying images in the anthology.
- Upon submission, you grant to Poudre River Public Library District the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use your submission in any medium and for promotional purposes including, but not limited to, merchandising, advertising, marketing, and digital communications.
- Submission of a recipe is not a guarantee of inclusion in the finished anthology. Poudre River Public Library District reserves the right to cancel or suspend this collection, and cancel or refuse any submission.