2018 Teen Songwriter Showcase Contest
Poudre River Public Library District
Welcome to the 2018 Teen Songwriter Showcase Contest, part of this year's Summer Reading Challenge: Rock On! We are partnering with The Music District to invite amateur songwriters, ages 12-18, to submit recordings of their original song lyrics being performed solo or with a group. Winners will be notified by Monday, July 30, 2018 and will be celebrated at a live songwriter showcase on August 4 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at The Music District, a creative community workspace for musicians and music lovers.
Submissions close at 11:59p.m. MST on July 15, 2018.
Please see the information below for eligibility and contest rules.
Submit Your Digital Items
2018 Teen Songwriter Showcase Contest
Official Contest Rules
- ENTRY PERIOD
- The contest begins at 9:00a.m. MST on Sunday, June 10, 2018 and ends at 11:59p.m. MST on Sunday, July 15, 2018. Winners will be notified by Monday, July 30, 2018.
- You must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age.
- You must live in the Poudre River Public Library District service boundary area.
- You may submit one (1) entry per group or individual. Individuals may submit a solo submission separate from a group submission.
- Entries must be five (5) minutes or shorter in length and include all required information.
- All submitted song lyrics and recorded performances must be your own work.
- Upload an audio recording or audio/visual recording of your original song being performed at any time during the entry period. Late or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted in one of the accepted file formats: mp3, mp4, and avi.
- You must read and accept the Terms and Conditions and fill out the required information provided at the time of your submission.
- You must also email a lyric sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that the music and lyrics are your original work and you accept all responsibility and liability if you submit someone else's work.
- If you are not able to submit your song online through our contest submission portal, please contact teen librarian Nicole for reasonable accommodation at 970-221-6740 by July 9, 2018.
- Contest entries will be archived and accessible to the public on Poudre River Public Library District's Biblioboard page. At no point is authorship credit removed.
- Upon submission of your entry to the Contest, you grant to Poudre River Public Library District the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use your entry in any medium and for promotional purposes including, but not limited to, merchandising, advertising, marketing, and digital communications.
- Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of noted local songwriters and music industry professionals.
- Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality, and lyrics. The quality of performance and production will not be considered.
- Each entry will receive a video critique of their song from the judges, and the winners will receive studio time to record a professional demo as well as other awesome prizes!
- Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song; division of prizes is the responsibility of winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winning songs will be shared at the "Teen Songwriter Winners Showcase" at The Music District on August 4 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Winners must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date. The affidavit will state that winner's song is original work and he/she holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits for winners under 18 at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian.
Poudre River Public Library District reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Contest.